Please join us and our friends at the Wharton Club of NJ for an interesting professor lecture on the latest Vehicle & Mobility transformations, disruptions and technologies.
Dinner will be served and there will be plenty of time for networking as well.
· 6:00 pm - 6:30 pm Networking (cash bar)
· 6:30 pm - 7:15 pm Seated Dinner and Dessert
· 7:15 pm - 7:30 pm Introductions
· 7:30 pm - 8:45 pm Presentation and Q&A
· 8:45 pm - 9:30 pm Additional Networking
Prof. MacDuffie will draw on his 30+ years of doing research in the global automotive industry plus his last 6 years as the Director of Wharton’s Program on Vehicle and Mobility Innovation (PVMI), part of the Mack Institute for Innovation Management, to give his views on these topics.
His talk will:
- Set out the basic tension between the current technological changes and the massive “installed base” of vehicles operating in the human-driven internal combustion engine paradigm;
- Provide a primer on CASE, I.e. Connected, Autonomous, Shared mobility services, and Electric, the four disruptive forces driving this transformation, evaluating them both separately and in different combinations;
- Ask whether the CASE-fueled transformation favors the tech companies, the automakers, or (spoiler alert!) rather will require both sectors to work together, along with regulators plus city and local governments, to deliver effective, affordable, accessible, and safe multi-mode mobility systems;
- Give his views on how quickly various aspects of this transformation will occur and which issues and indicators to watch to assess CASE’s progress.
John Paul MacDuffie is Professor of Management at the Wharton School and Director of the Program on Vehicle and Mobility Innovation (PVMI) at Wharton's Mack Institute for Innovation Management. PVMI carries on the work of the International Motor Vehicle Program (IMVP), the research network founded at M.I.T. to study the challenges facing the global automotive industry, which Professor MacDuffie co-directed from 2001-2012. He received his B.A. degree from Harvard University and his Ph.D. degree from the Sloan School of Management at M.I.T.
His research and commentary on the disruptive innovations affecting the automotive industry and the emerging mobility ecosystem are featured in such outlets as the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Bloomberg Business Week, Fortune, and on National Public Radio and [email protected] on Sirius XM. Professor MacDuffie is a founding board member of the Industry Studies Association; a member of the Automotive Experts Group at the Federal Reserve Bank; and is a member of the Automotive Industry Agenda Council for the World Economic Forum.
Click To Buy Tickets Here: https://www.whartonnjclub.com/20190424_columbia_club_of_nj_ticket