Please join our friends at the Wharton Club of New Jersey for an angel investment group introduction.
Everything You Need to Know About The Wharton Alumni Angels
A Fireside Chat with John Braze
John Braze is the President and Founding Member of the Wharton Alumni Angels.
Founded in 2016, Wharton Alumni Angels is an active angel investment group composed of University of Pennsylvania alumni and non-Penn alumni who have joined their angel community.
Their members are entrepreneurs, senior business executives, and institutional investors with a global reach.
Wharton Alumni Angels' over 450 members in 22 countries have invested in more than 50 early stage companies.
Wharton Alumni Angels members seek to add value 'beyond the deal' and actively provide mentoring and assistance to young companies.
They are enthusiastic about entrepreneurs and passionate teams pursuing their dreams.
Through a global membership and the Wharton alumni community, the organization has a deep network and close relationships with venture capital funds, other angel networks, and innovation ecosystems worldwide to cultivate the growth of start-ups.
Wharton Alumni Angels participates most often in seed and Series A investments, and occasionally later-stage rounds and does not focus on specific verticals or industries.
Whether you are curious as to the benefits and process in joining the Wharton Alumni Angels as an investor, or are a start-up interested in getting funded, this fireside chat will answer all of your questions.
- How and why to join the Wharton Alumni Angels, either as a novice first time “angel” exploring the topic, or a seasoned investor, looking for deals
- How Wharton Alumni Angels invest in companies and what relationships and network the organization has with other investors
- The process by which a start-up applies and is considered for funding
- Current and past portfolio investments
- The current climate for start-ups and angel and funding opportunities
Audience questions will be encouraged in this Fireside Chat virtual meeting.
When: Thursday, October 28, 2021, 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm ET
Where: Upon receiving your registration we will email you the Zoom details.