SOLD OUT - PLEASE E-MAIL US TO BE ADDED TO WAIT LIST
Join us for one of the premier social events of the year in the tri-state area, the Far Hills Horse Race Meeting on October 15th, Noon - 5PM!
This unique event of horse racing and fall feasting/drinking is attended by as many as 75,000+ people each year.
Attendees often create unique and extravagant fall picnic areas, complete with fall floral centerpieces, ice carvings, hay bale seating and culinary feasts of the season.
It's the 101 Running of this famous steeplechase race event that started in Montclair, NJ back in 1870 and is known as "The Hunt".
Through a generous friend of our Club, we were able to secure our own hard to get tailgate space right along the fence to watch all the action!
We are offering an opportunity to join us at our Private Tailgate Space to network and enjoy food/drinks (soft drinks, beer, wine, spirits) with other Ivy League alumni.
To Enter You MUST STILL BUY AN ADMISSION TICKET, Cost is $110 for general admission.
Click Here To Purchase Admission Tickets: https://farhillsrace.org/buy-now/
Click Below To Buy Your All-Ivy Tailgate Networking Event Ticket (Limit 4 Tickets per Order).
Once you buy your tailgate ticket, we will email you with the Tailgate Space # and details.
Space is Limited So Buy Your Tailgate Ticket ASAP
The Far Hills Race Meeting traces its origins to the Essex Hunt, a fox hunting event founded in Montclair, NJ in 1870.
In 1913, the organizers of the Essex Hunt incorporated as the Essex Fox Hounds.
In the tradition of these clubs, the Essex Fox Hounds established an event to thank the farmers and landowners who allowed them to hunt on their property.
The Farmer’s Day Race Meeting, as it became known, included the New Jersey Hunt Cup Steeplechase — a race that remains on the Far Hills Race Meeting card today.
In 1916, the event moved from the original club site to the Grant B. Schley estate — today known as Moorland Farm.
Eventually becoming the Far Hills Race Meeting, the races have been continually run—with the exception of a short hiatus during World War II—on the same site.
The Far Hills Race Meeting currently offers some of the richest purses in America and is host of the The Grand National steeplechase, the most prestigious race in American steeplechasing.
Getting There: https://farhillsrace.org/getting-here/
RACE DAY FAQ
- Post time for first race is 1:00pm
- Last race posts approximately 4:30 pm
- Races will run rain or shine
- Attendees are NOT permitted to bring any alcohol through the pedestrian gates
- All admission tickets are electronically scanned as you enter the grounds
- Pets are not permitted on the grounds
- Everyone 14 and over entering Moorland Farm must have an admission ticket
- Children under 14 are admitted free and must be accompanied by an adult
- No refunds for lost or forgotten tickets
- Admission tickets are sold race day at the gates for $220
- Port-a-johns are located throughout the property
- There are medical tents on property for emergencies and medical services
- Vehicles are permitted to remain overnight on Moorland Farm but MUST BE PICKED UP by 12:00 pm on Sunday